Parent Category: Blog
Category: Home improvement
Created: 21 May 2013
Home renovations and property refurbishment are projects that require a great deal of time and effort to achieve. Without proper planning your ability to complete the tasks appropriately is quite low. This article aims to give you some guidelines to serve as beacons toward the finalization of your project.
We can begin with the first step:
- Make sure you get as many recommendations as possible for the contractor you're planning on using. Call references if they are provided to ensure the people you're working with are really as good as they say. The person working in your home will have access to everything you own, so make sure you are fully aware of what they can do.
- Plan your renovations ahead, so you can have a perfect understanding of what you want done. You have to do that to avoid spending extra money you never intended to deal with.
- If you're not a smoker, make sure you let people know you don't want them to smoke in your home. This applies to the workers dealing with the refurbishment, since they have to be aware of what is acceptable in your home.
- Ensure all details pertaining your refurbishment project are put in writing by the contractor before you sign anything. This must be done to save yourself a lot of headaches, unexpected expenses and more. Make sure you point things out and ask about them separately to have a clear understanding of what exactly needs to be done and at what expense to your pocket.
- Don't be shy in criticizing if the need arises. If some of the workers are not doing their job, address that with the head contractor and ensure you are getting your money's worth. It may not be a pleasant thing to do, but the end result is your home's quality and that is more important than anything else.
- Keep some paint available for small fixes and touch-ups if the need arises. Ensure you also know the type and brand of paint you used if you need to refresh the coats. Write them up on a piece of paper and keep this information well-documented somewhere among your belongings.
- Ensure the contractors leave a clean working area after each day. The last thing you want is dust flying all around your home as a result of negligence.
- Change the air filters often enough during your refurbishment to avoid choking them up. Working with casinos drywall often creates such issues, so make sure you protect your HVAC system by working with clean filters - http://casinos-uk.org/online-slots/progressive-slots.html.
- Prepare yourself for a lot of progressive slots and important decisions concerning your entire home or property. Pay close attention and make sure you are making the right decisions. Doing things in a hurry won't produce any good results, so take things into consideration before the project is done.
- Avoid making the last payment until the project is completely finished. Contractors may disappear or delay works if payment is made in full. Sometimes small details might not be worth their time, so they won't return.
The article has been written on behalf of RemovalsHouse.com.